Wednesday, June 16

Day 2 Menu

Today started off rather odd.. I wasn't hungry (maybe the midnight snack from Monday held me over) so I had a rather odd menu for most of the day..







My breakfast was suppose to be sweet potato salad and a greek yogurt (complex carbs and double protein), but I was stuffed from the sweet potato salad so the greek yogurt actually turned into lunch.



Sweet potato salad has great flavor, roast the sweet potatoes, toss them in a dressing you make with a little oil, lemon juice and a dash stevia just enough to sweeten it. The recipe calls for cranberries and toasted pecans, I skipped the dried cranberries because of the added sugar, but did add the toasted pecans. A dish worth making!
Since lunch was only a greek yogurt, sweetened with a touch of stevia and lots of ground cinnamon I was ready for a decent meal after my 30 minute work out!

Dinner was a feast! Recently Morning Star Farms came out with 1/4 lb grilled patties



So that was dinner and whats best with burgers?? Yup, you guessed it, FRIES! Are they FS Friendly? Why yes they are! Grab a potato, slice em like fries, spray with PAM spray, cook at 400, flipping after about 10 minutes and you've got this...


Of course salad had to make the cut! The burger was good, I'm still liking Quorn products more than MSF, but it was worth trying.


Snack was a handful of roasted soy nuts, they're good, they're full of protein and great for the crunch (add them to salads if you miss croutons, or krowtins if you live in Archie Bunker's world)



Late night again... I got the urge to snack (another thing FS and journals have made me realize I'm such a late night snacker..) I remembered buying red quinoa a while back and never tried it.. I figured why not right? If you're not familiar with quinoa its considered a "super food", even though it looks like a grain or rice, its actually a protein. Its very good when paired with something. I cooked it in chicken broth and tried it.. The white one honestly has no flavor so you can pair it sweet or savory. The red had more of an earthy tone to it. After the fact I found a recipe that sounds to die for. A breakfast using red quinoa. This is a must try in the near future - warm and nutty cinnamon quinoa definitely do-able on phase 1 with stevia substitution, I'd probably keep the nuts in just because I honestly feel even in phase 1, nuts are such a great protein, in moderation they would be ok!

Either way, I scooped out 1/4 cup for a snack and only had a few bites.. not sure if I was full or wishing it was sweet instead of savory, either way the few bites were good bites!

todays wrap up

water - tons of it

exercise - treadmill for 20, exercise bike for 10

mood - felt a little detoxish today, that happens when you stop eating simple carbs and junk, tomorrow will be a better day

food - no cheats, lets move to day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment