Tuesday, June 15

Fat Smash Day #1

You know day 1, when you're anxious at the start of a new diet, you're ready mentally (or at least you think you are) and then it starts! Day 1 for me was a breeze, I do my best (even when I'm not fat smashing) to plan my meals for the week on Sunday. I bring breakfast and lunch to work so I'm not sneaking out to some restaurant close to work, or stopping at a drive through on the way home because I'm fammished... I do this because it takes the added confusion/stress out of OMG its lunch time, I'm starving, what do I eat??


So my day went accordingly, mom's doing fat smash with me too (she did it once before and didn't mind it), her morning menu is normally different than mine, but we'll eat dinner together so that will be the same. She loves the fact that she can diet and not worry about food choices because I've taken the guess work out of it for her. Shes got a list of goods and bads on her fridge and at night, she knows she'll sit down to a delish meal!


My day started off with an egg white omelet, I have to say I was impressed! I have a friend who competes in body building competitions and makes omelets at work in the microwave all the time, I figured I'd give it a whirl and hope for the best!


I bought liquid egg whites for work, they're more shelf stable than eggs and easy to work with when you're not at home. I also added a couple grape tomatoes, a handful of chopped baby spinach, a tablespoon of salsa and a dash of salt and pepper (you can have up to 4 egg whites a day so have 1-4, whatever your hunger calls for.
My friend said to microwave it on high for 40 seconds or so, but I figured it would come out tough so I cooked it on low for 2 minutes, stopping and stirring after the first minute. After minute 2 it was still a little runny so I hit it for another minute after stirring again. PERFECT, now for the taste... mmm not bad, not bad at all and filling?? wow I was stuffed till Lunch!





Lunch was a quick and simple salad, I used romaine lettuce with a carrot and 4 oz. of Quorn Chik'n tenders that taste, honestly (i'm not lyin), like chicken! topped with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese and a squirt of Newman's Family Style Italian Dressing. For dessert I went with a cup of strawberries. Mom and Aunt went strawberry picking last week, they came home with the deepest garnet colored strawberries that were to DIE for!! They're in the cup behind the plate, they might not be as noticable since they're as dark as the wood on my desk.


Day snack consisted of soy nuts! A handful (1/4 cup) is about 130 calories and 11 grams of protein! Are you missing the crunchy snacks already? This is the snack for you!

Dinner.. WOW dinner was SUPER DELISH! I'm still thinking about it and can't wait to make it again!

Here's the all-star line up

Steamed zucchini on the end, steamed brown rice (center) and chicken parmesan, yup I said chicken parmesan on day 1!



Steamed zucchini and brown rice are cooked accordingly, they're easy to make and if you've yet to try brown rice, its such a great change from white rice. The texture is meaty and it doesn't make your blood sugar feel like its taken the latest ride at Universal Studios! Its available in regular cooking style or instant, I picked it up in both incase there are days I decide on rice last minute and want it cooked quick.


The chicken parm was a breeze even though it might not look it. I put 2 naked chik'n cutlets in a baking dish with Hunt's roasted garlic diced tomatoes (eliminating a little of the juice) and baked it according to the package, flipping half way through. Once it was cooked, I added shredded vegan mozzarella cheese and set it to broil for a minute or two to melt. YUM - OOO


Late night snack consisted of a greek yogurt (cinnamon added and a few drops of stevia) along with a juicy peach.

Exercise today:
  • About a half hour of serious cleaning at work, moving equipment, up and down stairs with items to be brought to other floors, etc..
  • 30 minutes on the treadmill with a 4 incline (ps- incline helps burn fat so if you've got an incline, use it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment